Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe!

Happy Christmas Everyone! Like promised, I wanted to give my Christmas Cookie Recipe for anyone who wants to make beautiful cookies the traditional way. I also have directions on how to make boarder icing and flood icing for the decorating! Of course you can use other decorations like sprinkles, gummy pieces, chocolate chips, and gold flakes to make your cookies unique to your liking.
Enjoy!

Best,
Brittney “Pomp and Palms"



Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe
Ingredients:
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer 
3. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract and almond extract
4. In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder and flour. Add this mixture a little at a time to the wet ingredients (keep mixing while you are adding it in). If the dough becomes too stiff for your mixer, you can finish kneading the dough by hand. 
5. Divide the dough into two batches. Roll the dough onto floured parchment paper, but be sure not to roll it too thin! The dough should be 1/4 inch thick. 
6. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on your oven. Let cool completely before decorating.

For the border icing:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring extract
  • 2 - 2 1/2 tablespoons milk or water
  • Food coloring (optional)
For flood icing:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring extract
  • 2 1/2 - 3 tablespoons milk or water
  • Food coloring (optional)
Tools for the icing:
  • Squeeze bottles - 1 for the border icing and 1 for each color of flood icing
  • Small funnel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...