Day of Wedding Tips - For Brides to Be

Hello everyone!
Now that my wedding is over and I can finally sit back and breathe. I wasn't given any advice on how the actual wedding day should go. When I was invited to weddings I was just a casual guest and at my sisters wedding I was a bridesmaid to a pregenat bride. Not that my sisters advice wasn't helpful, its just she was in a state of mind of pregnancy so I'm not sure if she would've felt the same way as me who isn't pregnant and on a destination beach.

Now that my wedding is truly complete I thought I would give 6 tips for Brides and lessons I’ve learned from my outdoor beach wedding. 

Tip One: If your wedding is in the late afternoon don't rush to get ready.
My wedding was at 4pm so I had tons of time to get dressed, makeup, hair, etc. OF COURSE, I was constantly wanting to get ready early but I had to slow my roll. A good thing to do is to have a schedule planned out and how long each task should take (example my hair took over an hour but makeup only took 25 minutes). During your hair and makeup consultations time how long it takes to do the finished product so you can map out a good bridal blueprint for you big day.

Tip Two: Don't Starve Yourself.
This is a big one. Luckily, I love food and I was very SET on having my meals. But, back when I was working as an ANF manager I would skip meals during big floor sets or major visits. For your wedding the worst thing to do is pass out from starving yourself. If you're not comfortable eating a full meal eat small snacks throughout the day.

Tip Three: To pre-game or not to pre-game?
Bryce's family loves to celebrate. So before the wedding there was bottles already being popped! Having a few sips or a glass isn't bad but I don't think having 3/4 a bottle of wine is a smart idea (gotta say those vows gal!). I have seen some of my gal friends who party hardcore before the vows and some who all drink their La Croix beforehand.

Tip Four: Don't Stress Over Spilt Milk.
No matter how many instagram or Pinterest photos you look at, perfection DOESN'T exist. It took me years to learn this wisdom. So when things went wrong or wasn't done correctly, I didn't flip. It's life. So what if the center pieces didn't have enough shells + driftwood? Grab a glass of wine and roll with the fun!

Tip Five: Wedding Photos + Water.
So at my wedding of course there was water - ocean water. The biggest choice Bryce and I had to make was do we want photos of us in the water (as in my dress getting soaked and his suit getting wet) When deciding on this choice for my beach wedding brides... Have a back up outfit! (unless you're down to wear a wet dress!).

Tip Six: If there's alcohol remember some people's moods change.
I like weddings with alcohol. I'm the gal who loves to have something to sip on and have fun. Of course, not everyone acts the same way as I. So if you're having a bar at your event remember some people might act differently and consider if you’ll have to be babysitting or will they be able to handle their brews. 

2 comments:

  1. You did a Great Job! And your advice I feel has some great ideas and points. That people need to consider. When planning their wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I hope the ideas help with any event planning :) Also thank you for reading. I appreciate all the support.

      Delete

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...