What NOT to Buy at Forever 21

Last Saturday I made a post about What to Buy from Forever 21 (Click here to see that post!!!). Today's post will be the opposite; what not to buy from Forever 21. These are the items I regret purchasing or had negative results from.



1. Jewelry
Forever 21 has some adorable Jewelry designs. The issue is the jewels are good for 1-3 wears. I highly recommend NOT getting the jewelry wet! I've had rings turn my fingers green after one night of wearing, and I've had earring + necklaces tarnish after 2 wears.

2. Cosmetics (Mascara, Lipstick, Nail Polish, Etc)
The F21 brand of beauty goods isn't the best. They do sell ELF products but the ELF cosmetics are cheaper at Walmart or Target verses the price at F21. I recommend investing in CoverGirl before F21 Beauty.

3. Swimwear
Swim is a hit/miss. I've had some good swim purchases but I've had some bad. I suggest trying on first (swim is non-refundable).

4. Anything with beads or rhinestones
A sparkly dress is cute but the quality isn't. I've had so many issues with anything from Forever 21 that has stones, jewels, buttons, etc. I try to avoid them at all cost.

5. Undergarments
The Undergarments are not Victoria's Secret or Target quality. I overall avoid and just invest in the higher price items.

6. Cheap Fashion Shoes
Just like the Jewelry, Forever21 comes up with some adorable shoe styles. But I've had MANY fails. A pair of look-a-like Steve Madden sandals turned out dyeing my feet black. And the strappy wedges ended up coming apart after 2 wears.

7. Denim
The Denim is a hit/miss. I've had issues with their black denim from the dye smell being too strong and rubbing dye into my leather seats. But I've had some success in their denim boyfriend fit shorts! I recommend trying on before purchasing.

8. Any Clothing that is a "Fab" trend or Quickie Trend
These are the items that are only popular in the moment and after a month or two it'll be 'old news'. These items the company mass produced as quickly as possible just to make a quick buck but didn't take the time to test quality standards. Anything that you see a A-list celebrity rock one minute but never again, this a quickie trend. Example:

I hope this list of "duds" helps with your next Forever 21 shopping experience!
- Pomp and Palms

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...