Wedding Photos


Wedding photos are super important. The photographs collected will be a key item to reflect on from that beautiful day. These photos you'll show your daughter when she's a little girl and she will admire how beautiful her mother looked in a white gown. Not to mention, photographers are super costly. So like many brides, you want to get the photos right.

Question: How should you shop for a photographer?
Finding a photographer isn't a walk in the park. You need to view the photographer just like the venue or baker. You need to see their work, hear what their strengths + weaknesses are (Everyone has a weakness and if someone says they don't, you MUST walk away), you need to communicate with the photographer and see if she/he is someone who understands your vision but also a person you're comfortable talking to, and of course the price needs to be within your budget.

In my opinion, the photographer should get to know you and your family. After shooting your wedding it shouldn't be just a person but more like a friend. If the photographer just views you as a paycheck or a job, it's not going to be a good match. There's no bond. The photographer needs to truly care for the client and strive to capture the most beautiful moments from this important day.

What did I do? When deciding on my photographer I didn't care if the photographs were 5 star quality.... YOU HEARD IT HERE, I'm okay with some flaws. I wanted the trust and support to be 5 star
I had quite a few options. All were very costly and some did chip the price. The person I selected was one who didn't just know Bryce's family but she lived in the same neighborhood. She watched Bryce grow up and she was honored to be asked if she can help with the wedding. She does photography on the side and admits to a weakness; she hasn't done wedding photos in awhile. But she offered many perks that no one else did: to take family photos a few weeks before for free so we can get to know her, to do the ceremony and reception + if we want to have more photos done another day she'll gladly do them, and to take us to other parts of the island for different style photos. Lastly, she loves Holly and wants to spend time with her.


This one I love. It's actually from this part of Florida so I have a good idea on how the water and sand will look. I hope Anita can get a photo like this with the sun setting. 
This is another photo I really like. I want to get photos of us in the water SUPER bad. Of course, these are hard to do because the dress is getting wet. We might take these on a separate day.

Question: Should you give the Photographer pictures you want to recreate? 
Yes and No.
I told Anita (my photographer) I have photos from Pinterest to show her and maybe she can recreate them or something similar. She told me that's ONE THING a photographer should be honest with: recreating an exact photo you find on Pinterest is about impossible (photoshop, the time of day and location, the style of camera, presets, etc are all factors). I appreciated she told me the photos I collected might not 100% look the same as mine but she said she will do some of her creative work to make something beautiful.
She DID suggest for me to write down any photo line ups I want.
For Example: Who did I want included in family photos? Do I want to have photos with only parents or photos with siblings partners? Did I want Holly in all my photos or would I prefer to keep her out of some? Would I want photos of random guests?
She also suggested that I look at her usual schedule for Wedding Day photos and see if I want to omit any of it (I’m not having a bridal party so I don’t need 45 minutes invest in photos of bridesmaids getting ready and I’m getting ready at Bryce’s Sisters salon; might want to omit hair and makeup prep photos).

I hope this gave some good information on Photographer shopping and Wedding photos. The images shown I found on Pinterest and are the ones I plan to show my Photographer to see if we can do something similar.
- Pomp and Palms

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...