Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale 2018 DETAILS


YESTERDAY, Lilly Pulitzer announced the dates for the After Party Sale (APS)! Seriously who doesn't get excited about this? Limited time to shop, virtual waiting rooms, TONS of DEEPLY discounted Lilly merchandise, & the cutest prints! It's like Black Friday shopping but you're allowed to drink mimosa's by the pool (if you're shopping online! *wink wink*)

Today I'm going to give all the information you'll need on the APS!




Tip One: Bookmark the Lilly Pulitzer website on your computer.
You can bookmark the page by clicking here.

Tip Two: Download the Lilly App, create an account, & update/add your card and shipping information.
This is sooooo important for many reasons.
Faster checkout = other Lilly Fans waiting in the 'virtual line' can shop and its just a simple 'approval click' and your order is in process! Also just cause items are in your Tote doesn't mean its yours. While you're typing in your card info someone else (who already set their card up in advance) bought that item that you had in the Tote!

Tip Three: Use both your phone and computer when shopping.
I swear it's not cheating! What I do is whichever gets into the site first I close out the other. This helps move along with the 'virtual line'.

Tip Four: Your Calendar? Oh its booked "Lilly Sale"
Set multiple alarms! Close out your entire morning if you want first dips on the Lilly merchandise! I noticed there's "peak times" (when the site first opens, lunch break time, Dinner time) the site is the MOST busiest. Also, the site adds more stuff! Last APS on the 2nd day there was different items!

Tip Five: Set a FIRM budget.
This is hard. But I have caved and whipped out the credit card but setting a budget does help. Write it on a sticky note and keep it on your computer. Keep your calculator handy to make sure you're not going over your budget.

This is one of my APS purchases from Last August. Used to bed $168 but I paid $69! I purchased this one in-store. 
This APS purchase was (from what I can remember) $59. This one was an online order.
Tip Six: What is your Lilly size?
Review the size chart online here. Or run by your local Lilly to try on a few pieces. All Sales Purchase are NON REFUNDABLE. If you're not sure you're a 2 or 4 just get the 4! You can always have it tailored to fit!

Tip Seven: Buy what you need not what you think is pretty.
Just like setting a budget you need to set a plan for what you want to buy. If you feel like you need a new white dress to wear to formals then go for it! But if you already have 3 beach totes you might not need to get another.

Tip Eight: It's just a sale.
I love the sale! It's fun and feels great to get something on a deep discount. But Lilly does this sale 2x a year. Also remember Lilly loves gifts! There's countless days where if you make a purchase you get presents. Those dates are fun too.

Tip Nine: Shipping.
Shipping is always free but it might take longer than 2 days for it to be delivered. Keep in mind it might take 1-2 weeks before your package arrives so don't shop for your Saturday night dinner date look.

Tip Ten: The sale is also in store!
If you're near a Lilly Pulitzer swing by there to shop! I honestly make the effort to drive 1.5 hours to my nearest Lilly Pulitzer store to shop in store but I do hit the online shop as soon as it opens.

Tip Eleven: If you have to contact the Lilly Store or Customer Service, be nice!
These ladies are WORKING HARD. The sale is literally Lilly's Black Friday and the pressure to give customers what they want and get high "Units Sold" is on. When I visit the store during the sale I always try to thank the associates and speak words of encouragement if I can tell the sales rep is stressed.



Other Questions that get asked often!
What is this markdown prices like?
Its normally around 30-75% off

Is children clothes included?
Yes! But these are normally set at 50% off.

What time does the Sale start?
8AM EST.

Is the stores cheaper than the site?
Some items are! It's always best to visit both if you're able to!

Is all the prints included?
Anything up to present season. So sometimes it'll be prints from a year ago and sometimes it'll be prints from last season. I have seen prints from the current season; I assumed it was a style that wasn't meeting it's sales goal. I highly recommend going into the sale with an open mind and not focus on just one print.

How does this virtual line work?
So when the site opens it can only hold so many customers (It's been known to crash in the past!). So the virtual line groups everyone else in a first come bases and as someone purchases or leaves the site, a new person is added.

My stuff didn't fit!
That's terrible :( Sadly Lilly Sale items are FINAL SALE NON REFUNDABLE. This is why I mention TIP SIX: What is your Lilly Size is so important. I always recommend trying stuff on in advance at your local Lilly Store or reviewing the size chart here. My other big tip is to just go up a size if you're not sure and have the item tailored.

The site keeps crashing and I'm so upset!
The site has a bad reputation for crashing. Last year it crashed and I was stuck waiting 3 hours. The "Virtual line" is where the online shop hopes prevent crashing. If the site crashes just wait a bit and retry.

What is some of the best deals for this sale?
Well the prices are unknown. But the deals (in my opinion) for the Summer APS is shorts and summer accessories. I tend to stock up for next summer during this APS and the Winter APS I stock up on my winter pieces which is cardigans and pants. For a clear picture; about 45% of my Lilly Collection IS APS items.


If you have other questions that I didn't touch base on just go to the FAQ page on Lilly's website! I'm linking the FAQ page here. You can drop a question below, message me on my Instagram or on the official Pomp and Palms Faceboook Page!

Have a Sunny Day ya'll!
- Pomp and Palms

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...