Wedding Hair and Makeup


As I've been planning my wedding I kept throwing 'hair and makeup' on the back burner. But lately I've caught myself staying up till midnight on Pinterest searching hair styles and makeup looks. The hard part isn't visualizing how the look will turn out but deciding what is best for the location.

A very important thing to remember when selecting hair and makeup is your venue location. 

Is the event in a hot area? A cold area? Is it indoors? Or outdoors? Will you be doing a lot of dancing and moving? Or do you plan to relax and talk? 

Since I'm getting married on the beach it might not be best to have a ton of makeup on. (No Air-conditioning, sunshine + sweat, if we do pictures with water splashing... yeah, messy makeup!). Hair is very similar to makeup. Being outside in the sun and the ocean breeze certain hairstyles might not hold up as well as others. 

Hair Options
This is option one: having my hair down and wavy with some pieces pinned up. 
This is option two: It's more of a updo but still relaxed and has a beachy feel.

Makeup Options:
This first makeup option is very sparkly. I like the eye lid color cause it has that beach bronze glow.
My second makeup option is more of a soft smokey eye. 
I like that its not dark and has those earthy brown neutral
tones. I also enjoy this look cause its not as sparkle glittery.


Next is deciding to do it yourself or hire someone.

Many girls now stick to watching a few youtube videos or having a girlfriend come by and help them style for the wedding. This is definitely the more affordable option and also gives you a chance to create a look that is authentic to you and using the products you already own and trust.

Then the other option is hiring. When having your wedding hair and makeup appointments tell the stylist where your location will be, what time of year, and what all is going on. She can help create a look that will hold up for the entire event. Once she does have you hair styled walk around with it, stand in front of a fan or toss your hair around to see how the look holds up. If you notice something doesn't feel right - rework it. By the time you leave your appointment make sure you're 100% in love the entire look and confident in the look lasting through the ceremony and reception. Another great tip is to do a look that in 20 years you won't regret. Instead of sticking to big beauty trends go for a look that will last a lifetime but also a look that truly represents you. 

What am I doing? I plan to have Bryce's sister Blair do my hair and help me with some of the makeup. She is a hair and makeup stylist. I also plan to use all my own products cause I'm comfortable using the brands that my skin is used to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...