Shopping for Affordable Wedding Decor


My opinion, wedding decor is the icing on a cake. The decor helps shape your wedding theme into a reality. The decor is a valuable tool to use in transitioning from the ceremony to the reception. Have you ever been to a wedding and the ceremony theme was polar opposite of the reception? But you could tell they DID try to blend the two? This is a fear many brides have. Attempting to make two match but it just doesn't pan out.

For my wedding I want the reception to compliment the beautiful ceremony. I don't want one to over power the other and I don't want the two to look sloppy.. Oh! And I CAN NOT break the bank on decor. Therefore my decor has to be spot on in price and style for this to be successful. Today's post I'm going to give you my secrets on how to shop for affordable decor pieces.

Ask if the wedding venue has decor pieces or your florist. Many wedding venues have a closet full of random decor pieces. Make sure its not an additional charge (most just request the item replaced if it breaks). Florist that are big on weddings sometimes have a collection of rental decor pieces as well. The florist I'm using has lanterns, signage, candles, and more.

Shop for unique pieces at off price retailers.  TJMaxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, HomeSense, Ross, Stein Mart, and Burlington Coat Factory are all "off- price" retailers. I LOVE these stores for finding unique and name brand decor pieces. I wouldn't recommend trying to purchase every artificial floral arrangement from one of these stores cause the drop shipment varies. But unique pieces or pieces that you want 1-3 of you can find here!




Shop for DIY, Artificial arrangements, and favor accessories at crafting stores. Hobby Lobby, Michael's, AC Moore Crafts, and Old Time Pottery are perfect for finding those 'do it yourself' pieces.  I love scouting these stores for things I need many units of. Don't forget to log onto their websites to see if they have coupons available! 


Perfect DIY crafts. For this I would add some shells or Spanish moss as well.
Super simple craft. Grab some Sugar Starfish, straw, and hot glue!

For rare pieces, custom pieces, or something you rather have shipped; hop on the internet! A good google search will help you find some of those rare items, fun custom favors, and well things that you may not want to purchase in store. Example:  Purchasing artificial palm fronds in bulk from a online retailer instead of in-store. Hobby Lobby was charging $5.99 per 6 pack but online you can get the same fronds in a dozen for $8.99.  *Tip: read reviews before purchasing items online. I'm big on finding reviews that have images of the product to make sure it's legitimate!*


Palm Leaves
Hobby Lobby $5.99 for 6pack
Oriental Trading Post $8.99 for dozen

Friends, Family, and Facebook. If you recently seen a friend or family member have a wedding/party with some decor you really liked.. Ask! 98% of the decor gets thrown in a closet or pitched. Most people I've seen gladly donate it but I've seen some sell the items for a very fair price too! If its a piece they're actually keeping see if you could borrow it for the day.


I will do a post on Wedding DIY decor pieces I make (So far I'm making my own cake topper, table center pieces, gift favors)! After my wedding I will do a thorough post on where I purchased ALL of my decor (for any of my ladies who want to have a simple beach-costal- seaside wedding!)

Have a sunshine kind of day!
-pomp and palms

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...