Product Review: Kate Somerville Cold Cream

I really enjoy doing product reviews. As a girl who seeks reviews before purchasing (especially makeup & skincare), I enjoy the opportunity to be the tester! With my product reviews I’m trying to step away from what ‘every other blogger’ reviews. Everyone has reviewed Glam Glow Mask (sooo amazing), Dry Bar products, FabFitFun boxes, SK-II skincare, etc. My goal is to review something that isn’t over sold. I feel this gives the readers something fresh to read about (and possibly consider purchasing) and gets my creative juices flowing because I’m reviewing something that hasn't been over sold on the blog sites. 




Kate Somerville Review.
While vacationing at Daytona Beach I decided to try a new product. Kate Somerville Cold Cream is a skincare cleanser I see all the time at Nordstrom and Sephora, but never felt the need to purchase. From recent beauty purchases, I collected 2 deluxe samples. I also went to Sephora for an extra sample (I felt to give the best review I should use this product for a few days to see the quality, how it works, results, etc) I ended up using it during my entire trip, 4 days in total!

Overview:
Kate Somerville Cold Cream is described as a whipped cleansing cream that moisturizes skin. This product is to remove dirt, oil, impurities, and makeup—even stubborn waterproof mascara. It’s labeled for all skin types. How the website states to use this product: Use AM or PM, and always for makeup removal. Massage onto dry or damp skin then wipe off with a wet washcloth. Currently on Sephora’s website it has 4 out of 5 stars. 37 reviews were marked under 5 stars, 51 were marked at 5 star. The low star reviews state the product ended up causing major breakouts and didn’t remove makeup any.


Zoomed in detail image of the Cold Cream. 
Cold Cream. The product is very creamy and has a soft clean perfume scent.
My review:
Honestly, I’m a bit let down by this product. I will give this cleanser credit on great texture and smell wise, it's really pleasant! The packaging is really great too. BUT, the most frustrating part is the fact it’s labeled “Moisturizing Cleanser + Makeup Remover” but the makeup removal is something this product deeply lacked. The basic soap bar from the Resort removed more makeup. I used this cold cream 2x in a row and it removed only about 25% of my makeup in total (definitely didn’t remove any of my mascara). The makeup I wore was my MAKEUP FOREVER foundation and 2 coats of Benefit They’re Real mascara (not waterproof), so not a lot of makeup that needed to be removed. I definitely wouldn’t spend $48.00 on this simply because it couldn’t remove any of my makeup. I see why the poor reviews stated the lack of makeup removal. I haven't seen any skin acne (and fingers crossed I won't!)

I hope this review helps. If you’re in need of a good cleaner that also removes makeup I enjoy Philosophy’s Purity Cleanser! I have a small bottle from the beauty bins near Sephora’s check out and it’s last me 3 months. A good drug store cleanser + makeup remover is Neutrogena's Ultra Gentle Cleanser set.



You can find this at Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta, and wherever big name skincare is sold.
This is the perfect Drugstore cleanser + Makeup remover.
Have a sunny day!
- Pomp and Palms

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...