Let's Make Style! #2

Get excited! One fashion piece worn different ways! If you want a refresher of how this is done; check out Let's Make Style #1! What you'll see today is a “HOT trend” item. For about a month now fashion influencers are rocking high waisted tie shorts. These soft + comfy shorts are perfect for summer but seem to fall into the category of only being worn once or twice. 
And I’m going to be honest with you, most of the influencers I follow only wore these shorts once and ALL wore the shorts the same way WITH the same color top?
 Have no fear! I am here! Here to reassure you these shorts CAN be worn multiple ways and into some stylish outfits! It just takes some time and digging in the closet to find some pieces you already own.
REMEMBER: I'm using what I already own in my closet. Sometimes I'll mention items/ideas I would do IF I owned that particular clothing/accessory. I'm not going out and purchasing new items for this. I will link inspo ideas along with the links of the exact items I already own OR similar pieces to the items I'm using.
These lovely shorts are the fashion piece that will be styled into different looks! Below you can shop the look!

My exact shorts (PS: They come in 6 different colors!!), Similar pair: Francesca's Boutique  , Similar pair 2: Shein Tie Front Shorts , Similar pair 3: Nordstrom Tie Front Shorts, Similar pair 4: Loft Tie Front Shorts.

Look one (its actually a combo look!): Crop & Fabric Detailing.


This is a super adorable look for summer. I paired the tie front shorts with a cropped lace top (The combo part is to show BOTH crop and/or detailed+textured fabric looks adorable with these shorts!). The top even has a back zipper detail (which makes the crop very fitted). I own the top in black and white and both look darling with the outfit.


 For accessories throw some silver jewelry to match the zipper detailing, a super trendy straw tote which is perfect for shopping or for the beach + some thick band sandals.
Shop the Look:Similar lace with zipper back top , My Yurman style braceletSimilar Quote Bracelet , VERY similar sandalsAnother similar sandalSimilar bag (has same rope handle detailing!).

Look two: V-Neck Tee + Fun Accessories 

This look is very simple which is why I’m not going much into detail about it. In fact this was one of my #ootd’s that I thought would add to the list to show how versatile these shorts are. Any color neutral tee would look great tucked in these shorts. I would even throw a deep red or pale yellow top with this too. For accessories I'm wearing a bright Lilly Pulitzer charm bracelet and some gold Jack Rogers. 

If you want to see the #ootd post you can view it here!!!
Shop the Look:Exact Tee , Exact Shoes , Similar earrings , Exact BraceletExact Straw Tote,  Jack Rogers sandals , Lilly CharmsLilly Charms 2.


Look three: Bare Shoulder Bodysuit. 

 This look is beachy meets sexy. This off the shoulder ruffle bodysuit gives such a sexy feel. The straw sunhat, fun Kate Spade clutch, gold cuff (that ties in the gold metal detailing of the clutch), and the Cognac woven flats is GOALS.



 This is what you wear on your resort trip, honeymoon adventures, or to a late afternoon concert. I’m so excited to wear this look out one night and putting this together helped me realize how much of a fashion staple these shorts are!
Shop the Look:Straw quote hat , "Wish You Were Here" hat , Gold Cuff , Exact Shoes , Exact BodysuitSimilar BodysuitPurse is no longer in stores but here it is on Ebay.

Look Four: Mauve & Turquoise.

This is another amazing look I’m so pumped to wear out. The Mauve silk-like texture of this deep V tank is romantic and dresses these shorts up for a good dinner-date look.
The necklace has sliver & gold chains with Turquoise stones that POP!(PS: the necklace is a 3 in one; so you can remove chains if desired!)

My go-to straw bag and gold pineapple sandals add a fun twist to this romantic look. The only other thing I would do for this look is grab a bottle of bronzing lotion to give my skin a glow.


 Shop the Look:Similar style topSimilar style Deep V-Top in many colors , Exact Shoes , Similar Necklace (but same exact brand!) ,Similar necklace with Turquoise details , Exact Straw Tote,  Similar Shape Bag.

Vola! Here's hoping I helped inspire some ideas for when you want to vamp up the High Waist Tie Front Shorts! As always I leave asking: Is it interesting to see what I find in my closet to create new looks? Should I just go buy all new things to go with this or is it fun to see the similar items I search for online/finding the original items? Is there a particular look you want to see on? Is there a fashion trend you want me to see/style in other ways? DM me on my instagram (click here for the link to my page) or drop a comment here.
Have a sunny day!
- pompandpalms

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...