Let's Make Style! #1

One thing I love is having clothing items that can be worn different ways and still look amazing. I mean, who doesn't?! Going to college for my Fashion degree I stumbled into the “too broke for new clothes each week BUT gotta shake up my wardrobe”. For me to feel confident in my projects I needed to ‘play the part’ and have the #ootd looking fresh. With some creativity, I was able to use what I had and successfully create looks for multiple occasions.
I’m going to start rolling out these blog posts that focus on ONE article of clothing. This clothing piece will either be a fashion staple piece that everyone has OR a "HOT trending" item that (sadly) only gets worn 1-3 times because it seems too complicated to make into other outfits. The goal is to show YOU CANcreate many trendy, beautiful, fashion forward looks with the items you most likely already own! And to show those “HOT trend” items we get suckered into buying can be worn multiple ways and have a permanent spot in our closets!

REMEMBER: I'm using what I already own in my closet. Sometimes I'll mention items/ideas I would do IF I owned that particular clothing/accessory. I'm trying to avoid going out and purchasing new items for this and ONLY using items I have already. I will link inspo ideas along with the links of the items I already own OR similar pieces to the items I'm using.

For today I’m starting simple: the basic white tee!
We all have one. And guess what? We’re all just wearing it as a plain boring white tee. But we can change it up to go from day to evening, sports event to Target run, and everywhere in between!
- Also something to keep note: I’m all about affordability. I don’t see the need to drop $75.00 on a white tee shirt. The tee shirt I have for these outfits is from Abercrombie & Fitch. I also recommend Old Navy for some basic tees. Both stores do promotions on fashion basics often so before heading to the shopping center check the store promos!

Look #1: Brunch and Silky Shorts


IMG_1262
I'm using the basic white tee to soften this look with the fun printed silk shorts. The trick about prints featured on the bottom is to not overdo it with something bold and crazy on top.
IMG_1266IMG_1265

THOUGH, some will ask "why not pull the blood orange color from the swan print?".  The problem with that is if you visualize an orange top instead of white... It just doesn't visually look put together and seems a bit immature. A denim jacket will keep this look from feeling like "tee + silk pj shorts". I accessorized with a metal cuff and these adorable gold knot earrings. I also added my favorite brown flats.
 IMG_1263IMG_1264
Shop some ideas: My white tee , similar white tee, other fun print shorts 1 and 2My denim jacketsimilar denim jacket.

LOOK #2: Edgy plaid.
 IMG_1322IMG_1319

This look is super simple but TOTALLY gives that trendy ready to go vibe! We all can create this look with what we already own in our closet too. I wanted to be photographed in this look in particular to show the edgy silhouette. My simple white tee + comfy distressed shorts (just those two = a bit boring, right?). BUTto make this simple look become edgy & styledI tied a plaid button up that I wear in the fall around my waist and added some jewelry.
Honestly, add as much jewelry as your heart desires! I think some fun metal rings would take this edgy look to a new level! I made sure my purse and shoes were both black which amped up the edgy vibe. The Simi-gloss of the leather shines!


Shop some ideas: my denim shortssimilar denim shortsmy white teesimilar white tee. rings idea 1 & 2 & 3.


LOOK #3: Late Night, Date Night.
 IMG_1267IMG_1268

This final look is perfect for going out downtown or date night. It's all about glamming up our white tee. Sequin party jacket, some jet black super skinny jeans, and the right accessories (like a quilted leather handbag) will do the trick.
 IMG_1269IMG_1270IMG_1271
For shoes, I used my laser cut faux leather booties. I love the detail of the laser cut and the chunky heel. If I owned bright red pumps/heels I would've worn them with this look as well (I feel the bright red would look AMAZING!!)! For jewelry I wanted to show a statement necklace & the option of a simple stone necklace. Both flatter this look well but ultimately depends on what you have in your wardrobe already.





To wrap this up I want to know if this was fun to see? I already created 5 more looks that will be featured but if this is something enjoyable I'll continue to create more! Should I purchase items for these? Or continue ONLY using what I own and give other option ideas with links? My reason for creating this was to do something different. All the fashion bloggers/influencers only do brand new outfits and then they immediately return the items after blog photo shoots. My goal is to show affordable style that can be worn again and again.
If you want to give input please leave a comment or comment/DM on my instagram page Dont forget to follow the instagram page too for up to the minute posts and other exciting things!!!
Have a sunny day!
- pompandpalms

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...