Luxury Verses Affordable - Rubber Face Mask


A while back I asked my Instagram followers if they will like to see some luxury versus affordable products; ya know to find some amazing dupes of those high-end brands we all envy. (btw, if you're not following please click here to follow along!).
The results were super positive so I dived into the beauty and skin care shops to purchase luxury products and then did research and found affordable ones.

Today's post is all about the well known Dr. Jart Rubber Face Mask (retails for $13) and a more affordable option which is the Sephora Collection Rubber Face Mask (retails for $6).

Continue reading to hear my thoughts on both masks and if the Sephora Collection is a great dupe for the Dr. Jart Rubber Face Mask. 


Dr. Jart Rubber Face Mask collection comes in these fun 7/11 inspired drink cups and in many different styles. From firming, hydration, to acne control. The instructions are super simple. mix the 2 components with the 'straw spoon' and then apply to face. Wear time is about 15-20 minutes (I wore mine for 20 minutes). CRAZY, the mask really turned to rubber like goop!!! Peeled right off and no crazy clean up.
The results were amazing. My skin felt great and for a good 5 days I felt like my skin was at its ultimate 'best skin day'.

What came in the cup + what it looked like mixed!



The mask & after I removed it!




Sephora Collection Rubber Face Mask (Image below) comes in more limited options and from what I can tell its an online exclusive item. *since purchasing mine they came out with another style of mask, so 3 styles in total*. The mask for the Sephora Collection comes in this adorable paint can inspire look. With this mask you mix water to the already pre-measured powder, apply to face, and wear time is 5-7minutes (I wore mine for about 10 minutes to make sure it was fully dry).
I did make one major error; I put too much water. Therefore, my mask was a bit runnier. And with this more liquid texture, it didn't get the super solid rubber finish like the Dr Jart+ BUTTT it did turn rubber-like. Unlike the Dr Jart+ this mask also had a more fragrant scent but it was actually really nice. This mask was for blemish or acne skin. After using it I did notice an improvement in my skin (I felt it helped some of my previous acne spots fade away).


VERDICT: Though the Sephora Collection mask is cheaper in price, the packaging isn't as elaborate, and the product didn't get the super thick rubber texture (that was my fault on not pre-measuring the water); I do feel this is a good dupe if you want to experience the rubber mask but not drop $13 on the Dr Jart+.
I feel with the Dr Jart+ I have a solid 5 days of flawless skin, while the Sephora Collection mask took me 24-36 hours to notice my blemish spots to fade. Both masks are incredible and I think if you're wanting a rubber mask definitely grab one of these!

DONT FORGET! Sephora is doing their super amazing sale RIGHT NOW. Rouge sale just ended but if you're VIB you get 15% off everything! In-store & Online! So maybe grab up this affordable dupe of the Dr Jart+ today! 

If you haven't already follow my fashion + lifestyle instagram! simply click this link or search: brittmcadenmills 
Thanks again for all the support!

- Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...