What Makeup Products to Splurge on


When it comes to makeup, I feel there are some products you need to invest a little in and some you don’t have to invest a lot in. Today I will talk about Makeup Products to Splurge on! 

Continue reading to hear what Makeup Products to Splurge on:


Foundation - This is a product I always invest in. Foundation is on your skin all day and is something you don’t want moving or fading after a few hours. There are some low price foundations that work well but my most favorites for all day wear are higher priced.

Cleanser - This is one of the most important products I recommend investing in. Your skin cleanser takes all the dirt and toxins off your skin. If your skin cleanser isn’t doing the best job then your makeup won't sit well and look good. 


Lotion - Another major skincare item I invest highly in. Your lotion is protecting your skin from the elements and is helping reverse signs of aging. Invest in this product if you want your skin to be healthy, balanced and glowing for your makeup canvas.


Deep color lipsticks/lip stains - I’ve always had a hard time finding low price lip stains and lipsticks that stay well throughout the day. When I need a stain or deep color I invest a bit in the product.



Eyeshadows in shades of purple - I mention this because, in the makeup color world, purple colors are challenging to get right. I watched a Youtube video where Jeffree Star spoke about how purple pigments sometimes don't transfer well. 

Eyeshadow with large glitter pieces - Makeup glitter is totally different from craft store glitter. Craft glitter is sharp-edged while makeup the glitter has to be rounded (so if there's any fallout into your eyes the glitter won't cut your eye!) I tend to shop higher quality with super chunky glitter shadows just because of how serious this health safety is. 


FAST TIP: I love finding affordable products. Be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS when shopping at off-price retailers (Like TJmaxx, Ross, Etc) sometimes the makeup could be expired or opened. This also goes for products you might find at Ulta's clearance rack. Make sure the products aren't opened and once you take the item home do a smell test.  *I plan to do a future post about tips on beauty products; similar to this tip!*



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...