Lifestyle - Technology Clean Up!


Today its all about ways to clean up our technology! Currenlty my phone has 300+ emails and a constant reminder that I'm out of cloud space, my phone hasn't been backed up, and to purchase more storage. If your phone, laptop, or any tech gear sounds similar to mine continue reading on some of my technology clean up tips!

De-clutter + Unsubscribe emails
A chore I dread doing is de-cluttering my emails. Every few months I take a good 45 minutes to focus just on deleting old un-needed emails and ‘unsubscribe’ link to get off email lists that blow up my inbox 5 days a week. Seriously, once this chore is complete my emails are easier to load and no more random promotional emails!


Save your photos and free up data space
I panic when my phone tells me the photo storage is full and needs space. I recenlty linked phone and MacBook so my photos automatically store into my computers photos file! Now I can erase them off the cellphone! If you can't link your phone and computer like me purchase a photo memory card and photos up as often as possible to free up data space. 



Delete any Apps you haven’t used in 3 months
My rule is if I haven’t used it in 3 months, take it off the phone. It helps so much with your storage space! And no worries cause if you ever want to upload again its in your purcahse log!

Delete anything you don’t need or want
I have tons of untitled documents I started to type and stopped. Or lists I made on my phone. So deleted anything thats just sitting and taking up space. Notes, Documents, videos, powerpoints, etc. 

Bye Finger Prints!
Get a glasses cloth and clean the screens of all your devices. If you scroll for hours and then talk on the phone you’ll be surprised how much germs go from the screen to your face. Wipe your screens as much as possible.

Clean behind the cases
An area I forget to clean is behind the cases. So when I do I am shocked at all the dirt and dust that has coated behind the case. 


Lastly, turn off the phone!
Doing this will help your phone reupdate itself. And if there was a glitch slowing it down the restart will repair it. I try to turn my phone off at least 2x a month. And I turn my phone off anytime I'm inside a plane or in a location I dont want my phones speaker collecting information of (yes your phone speaker is always on and listening!)


I hope these tips will help you on your next technology clean up! And if you’re not following the Instagram please click this link and follow along! I post daily on fashion, beauty and lifestyle! I appreciate all the love and support from everyone.


- Brittney 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...