Product Review: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream


I’m reviewing a product that not a lot of beauty bloggers are speaking about because it’s a costly item but also the beauty line isn’t sold everywhere; until now. You can now purchase Charlotte Tilbury’s makeup + skincare line at Sephora’s website. With this new launch at Sephora I wanted to go in depth on if this ‘magic cream’ is really worth the hype (1.7 oz is priced at $100.00!)





The details: A high powered moisturizing cream with patented anti-agin, hydrating and youth boosting ingredients. Helps support and rebuild collagen production and cell energy while fighting off wrinkles. This product carries SPF 15 and is told to rehydrate dull, stressed and tired skin.
Star ratings: 5 stars 259, 1 star 6. 91% recommend rate with over 420 reviews. The low star reviews state some skin breakouts and the cost. 



My review: I was a bit flip floppy on if I should REALLY purchase this. I’m in my late 20’s and with the 3-0 just around the corner I really want to start reversing any signs of aging. I watched a Jeffree Star youtube video where I was hooked on Charlotte and made the final jump to purchase. The cream is quite thick which I like. I was able to massage and work the product into my skin well and seriously a little bit goes a LONG way. After 1 month of using this product I really do love it. My skin feels amazingly smooth and the collagen production I feel has helped because my skin has more elasticity and feels pump. The cost is extreme and I hate the size options ($29 for 14.7ml or $100 for 50ml). If you’re on a budget but you want a designer moisturizer I highly recommend Shiseido Essential Energy Moisturizing Cream [Read my Shiseido post here]. I have used an entire jar of Shiseido moisturizer and I’m in love with it and have seen identical results.  

Pros: Smells nice. Product is smooth to the touch. Quick drying. Shows instant results!
Cons: Cost. Product size.
My Rating: 5 Star. I must give it a 5 star cause it really works well and I enjoy the product. THOUGH, the price is high I suggest Shiseido Essential Energy OR testing a few products from Sephora/Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...