Skin + Hair Routine Used For My Wedding

Today I’m talking about the skin + hair routine I did to prepare for my wedding. These products I selected in the hopes to achieve flawless skin, strong hair, white teeth and overall a healthy appearance. Most of the items I used 2 weeks - 3 month before my wedding. I’ll go into details of each and how far in advance I used the product before my wedding!




First things first, teeth whiting. 
I know photographers can photoshop whiter smiles but I wanted to already have pearly whites! I used the Crest Vivid White Strips. I started these about 1 month prior to my wedding and spaced them out (to prevent sensitivity; which I highly recommend if you have sensitive teeth). You can scoop these up at many stores but I personally purchased these from Amazon! 

Hands, Nails, and Toes. 
I did a lot on this subject. I used packets of skincare masks + conditioners to help make my skin silky soft and a good conditioned base for my nails about 1-2 weeks before my wedding. These can be purchased anywhere from Ulta to even the World Market! The price range bounced from only $2-$10. 
 I used Pedi Perfect a lot to help with the dry skin on my feet and to create a good base for when I get a pedicure. I purchased my Pedi Perfect at TjMaxx for under $10. I enjoyed using this product and plan to continue use.
The day before my wedding I went to get a Manicure + Pedicure. Both were Gel Polish and must say, I love the gel on my toe nails. Sadly, I removed my finger nails the day after my wedding because the nail technician did a terrible job. My BIGGEST tip for anyone is to go to a place you trust and even request the best technician. I regret dropping $55 on gel nails that I had to remove the following morning cause my cuticles were bleeding. 




Skincare.
I did A LOT on skincare. Every night for about 2.5-3 months before my wedding I used a good quality face wash and I rotated around on different skin moisturizers (I did this because my skin changes depending on stress and I noticed at times I need a richer moisturizer)
I will note the best moisturizer I used was Shiseido Essential Energy Moisturizing Cream and the week of my wedding I solely used Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream + Charlotte’s Magic Night Cream

Haircare.
On my hair I was very careful with what shampoo and conditioner I used and how much. I followed the EXACT instructions on the bottle. About 2 weeks before the wedding Blair (Bryce's sister who’s a hair + makeup artist) did 4 hours worth of hair color. And 2 days before my wedding she also did a root touch up and toner. I decided to invest in some higher quality hair products and noticed a drastic difference in the texture and strength of my hair. I bounced around from using R+Co Gemstone shampoo  and Condtioner, Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner, and Kristin Ess Extra Gentle Shampoo and Conditioner


My next post will be about what makeup products I used to achieve my wedding day look! Plus some detailed photos of my makeup look and hair style! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...