Random Thoughts From This Summer

For today I wanted to do something simple on the blog. Random thoughts. I noticed the lifestyle blogs I read do 'monthly thoughts' post. I really enjoy reading about others exciting life moments or random acts of kindness. I'm not sure I'll be able to do 'monthly thoughts' posts because a bulk of my time is spent with a 11 month old or traveling. But I hope to do 'Seasonal Thoughts' post.

1. I've noticed how much I enjoy doing outdoor activities. Last year, Florida was just as hot and stormy but this year I'm 100% okay with the sweat, heat, and rain. I like to believe Holly is the reason. I love spending time with her and watching her laugh at the water fountains or splash in the kiddie pools. It's one of the beautiful moments of being a parent, seeing someone so small and innocent realize when she hits the water with her toys; it splashes.

2. This summer I have happily been able to tan and not burn any! It's really hard for me to get a sunburn in the first place but with a baby who loves water I seem to forget to put sunscreen on myself. I always make Holly's skin #1. 

3. I'm in search of a good teeth whitening kit. Any thoughts? I purchased powder coal but it's REALLY messy and I dread using it. I hope to have some super white teeth for wedding photos!

4. Looking back at summer photos I noticed I wore a lot of white. White jeans, shorts, tops, etc. I think I found my signature look! (Being in Florida I think I can wear white all year *wink wink*).

5. Mid October will be 1 year since I've been out of the workforce. It's kind of scary to think about. I'm trying to do some homemaker projects (creating things and selling on Etsy?) and considered doing some sort of work from home career even though I read those can be very stressful or scams. I invest deeply into creating fun content for my blog and instagram page in the hopes that a side hustle like that will help in the bank account. I love that Bryce has an amazing job that can support me but there's days I want to purchase something that I worked for (makes sense? Probably not, hints the 'random thoughts' part of this post!)

6. Is it bad that I'm already planning out Christmas gifts? Not just for Bryce and Holly, but for myself.

7. Last year during the summer months I was pregnant. Literally the hardest thing was being pregnant in a tropical area. Everyone is out at beach bars having mixed drinks and I was stuck watching. This year I'm now able to drink but surprised at how little I do. My college days I had some party moments but I've learned I don't need a vodka-water or a bottle of wine for a good time. I think that's a important to keep in mind, the fun moments in life shouldn't require a hard drink... Fun moments happen when you let yourself be 'you'. 

8. I'm at the tail end of my wedding planning. I've spaced the wedding blog series out where I'm a step or two ahead from what I'm writing about. I like doing a series this way because I can look back on what I have done and spend more time editing. I'm so excited to show you guys my dress, how the ceremony goes, and start showing you guys how to execute the 'after wedding' life (creating thank you cards in a timely manner, planning honeymoon, getting all the new name changes complete, how marriage life is, etc).

9. Talking about wedding, we decided to not create any registries. We're waiting on a house but our number one priority is giving Holly the best we can give her. So instead of asking for dishes or a new bedding set we're asking for help paying for our dream honeymoon. We created a Go Fund Me to help pay for our dream honeymoon (click this link to view it)! It's the one gift Bryce and I was able to agree on if we were going to ask for anything. We honestly haven't had a vacation just the two of us and it'll be the first trip we're going without our little girl! 

10. Once Holly is old enough where family members feel comfortable watching her I think I'm going to take up kite surfing or paddle boarding. Living near the waterways and the ocean I see kite surfers and paddle boarders all the time and they look like they're loving life. I really hope to get fit enough for the sport. I'm going to start investing time towards getting physically fit for the new hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...