Butter London Glazen Face Glow Review

I really enjoy doing product reviews. As a girl who seeks reviews before purchasing (especially makeup & skincare), I enjoy the opportunity to be the tester! With my product reviews I’m going to try and step away from what ‘every other blogger’ reviews. I mean come on, everyone has reviewed Glam Glow Mask (sooo amazing), Dry Bar products, FabFitFun boxes, SK-II skincare, etc. My goal is to review something that isn’t over sold. I feel this gives the readers something fresh to read about (and possibly consider purchasing) and gets my creative juices flowing because I’m reviewing something that hasn't been over sold on the blog sites. 




Butter London Glazen Face Glow Review.
All week I've been testing out this new product I stumbled upon. I'm a BIG Butter London nail polish gal and when I noticed this face primer I thought I'd give it a whirl. I decided to replace my usual face primer with the Glazen Glow for a good week and continue my usual foundation, finishing powder, etc. 

Overview:
Butter London Glazen Face Glow is a part of the Glazen Collection. It's a super lightweight illuminator that preps, blurs, and brightens your skin. The official website states there is a multi-dimensional shimmer to give your skin a pearly glow. How to use is simple: apply alone for a no makeup shimmer glow or with your favorite foundation as a illuminating primer. The website also states to seal the cap tight to prevent the product from drying out. When searching Sephora, Nordstrom, and Ulta there was no reviews on this product. The official website doesn't have any reviews either.

My Review:
I'm not the biggest fan of shimmery makeup finishes. In fact I avoid purchasing anything (blush, bronzer, foundation, etc) that gives off a shimmer/dewy glow. But I really enjoyed this product. I was aware that I would have a shimmer finish and the shimmer with my foundation + my finishing powder resulted in a very subtle shimmer. When I applied the product alone the shimmer was much more noticeable but not in a negative way. Honestly, I really like the idea of using this product for photoshoots, with costumes, or special events. Bryce and I plan to travel to Japan next Spring and I feel this product will be lovely to wear when touring the Cherry Blossoms. The product is being marketed at $28.00 which isn't a bad deal, I'd say it's worth it.




Other Options:
If you want the Glazen Glow but you're struggling to find the product (or not sure about paying $28.00); check these good dupes! I felt the shimmer glow of NYX Born To Glow  is just like the Glazen Glow. Benefit Cosmetic's High Beam is a good product if you're not wanting the 'full face' shimmer glow but you want the shimmer glow as a highlight (temples and upper cheek bones).
You can find this product at Ulta, Target, Walmart, or online.
You can find this product at Sephora, JC Penneys, Ulta, and anywhere high end makeup is sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...