Longer Lasting Pedicures

Hello lovelies. While my mom visited Florida we went to my favorite nail salon in Pensacola, Herbal Nails. If you travel to Pensacola you must visit this salon! Complimentary wine (or other beverages), tons of treatment options, spotless clean environment, and the best staff ever. I always get The Deluxe Pedicure ($45; takes 1-1.5 hours) but let me tell you, its worth it. Fresh fruit bath soak & fresh fruit scrub, callus treatment, fruit foot masque, therapeutic hot towel wrap, and your choice of hot stone massage or hot paraffin wax treatment and more! 
A day or two after my spa visit I start the basic and easy tricks to double my pedicure lifespan.
Today I’m sharing my tips so you can have an extended life on your pedi-toes.




1. Shea infused socks.
Shea infused socks have a permeant spot in my sock drawer. I throw these babies on right when I hop out of the shower (so my skin can soak up the shea) and at night while I’m working on blog content.

2. Ditch the crappy sandals.
We all have sandals that look cute but do a number on your feet. Invest in some sandals that have some support and rock em.

3. Bath soak.
My favorite thing to use on keeping feet “pedicure soft”. I use a good 1-2 hand fulls of salts, soak feet for 10-15 minutes in hot water. I prefer the lavender salts because I soak my feet late and night and this helps me rest more soundly. I also put my shea socks on after a good salt soak.
These socks are similar to the ones I use which I purchased at Bath & Body Works

You can find this just about anywhere, Walmart, Ulta, even TJ Maxx! I like the lavender one to help me rest too. 
4. Foot cream.
Foot cream works amazing. Give yourself (or ask your significant other) a foot massage.

5. Don’t walk barefooted outside.
In the summer everyone wants to be barefooted but after a pedicure its very damaging. Avoid rocky gravel or concrete.

6. Chlorine pools = Avoid.
I’ve literally been in chlorine pools where my nail color faded. Stick with freshwater or salt water. Its better for your skin and it doesn’t eat away at your nail color.

7. Clear coat-top coat.
If you want your nail color to stay looking shiny purchase Sally Hansen clear top coat. After a week or 1.5 weeks I do one thin top coat to give a shine reboot.

8. Drink Water.
Keeping water in your body does wonders. Not only does it take bad toxins out but it also keeps moisture in your skin (including your feet!)

This is one of those items you could get anywhere. Ultra, CVS, Walmart, etc.
I love Fiji water but wish it would fit in my Jeeps cup holder! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...