Here’s How I’ve Cured My Mask-Acne “Maskne"



Mask-acne? 'Maskne’? I got you cover! There’s one skincare product I added into my daily routine and within 2 weeks my mask-acne discoloration/dark spots have fully faded away (and best of all, no more mask-acne!!!). It’s an easy step that I started to use daily but now only use about 3x a week for preventative measures. Continue reading to learn how I cured my 'Maskne'


2020 has done major skincare damage to all ages, races, and social classes. People who rarely break out are now seeing stress related (and mask related) acne and people who already suffer from acne are developing even more at a rapid pace. It's depressing, stressful, and an insecurity trait that many are starting to develop as well. 

My backstory on my acne - a few in my teen years (nothing major) and a few in college/adult life when I forget to wash my makeup off. Overall, I’m lucky. But when 2020 hit things changed. I found out 6 months into 2020 I was allergic to certain facial masks - these allergy attacks left my skin raw, swollen, in rashes, itchy, and mask-acne. Once I found masks that didn’t swell up my face I still seen acne spots… but not the usual ones. These were packing a serious punch and leaving discoloration that stuck around for weeks (some over a month) after the acne spot went away. 

It took ALL of 2020 to find out what skincare works best for these situations and below I will tell you the EXACT products I’m using to treat my mask-acne. Don’t feel obligated to buy these exact items - Honestly, this is my normal skincare routine but 1 particular product was added into the mix and that is where I believe my skin had the greatest improvement. I’ll also indicate exactly what to look for in skincare products that I recommend for helping improve your skin. These have worked for me and I’m so happy to finally have a skincare routine to target the mask-acne.


MAJOR TIPS TO DO DAILY:
- Cleanse skin both morning and night.
- At Night do a Double Cleanse.
- Remove all Makeup.
- Don’t pick acne spots.
- Drink more water.




Morning Routine to remove Mask-acne:
For the morning I start with a quick and simple skincare wash. I use the Beauty Bio The Balance Cleanser. I wash my face 1x with this. I pat dry. I apply a light moisturizer. On days I don’t have to wear makeup - I don’t. I feel this helps give my skin the ability to heal too!





Night Routine to remove Mask-acne:
Only if I have makeup on I use the Elemis Cleansing Balm to remove my makeup. If I’m not wearing makeup I use a simple micellar water to get any dirt off my skin. I then DOUBLE cleanse with Beauty Bio The Balance Cleanser. The first cleanse I work into my skin (with my hands or a cleansing brush), the second cleanse I just quickly wash over one last time. Once I pat my skin dry I use Dr Dennis Gross Extra Strength Daily Peel. **** This is the MOST IMPORTANT step & where I believe my mask-acne went away. I did this daily for 2 weeks***. Once I completed the peel I use a light lotion on top. 




My ingredient list of day and night routine is followed:
- Beauty Bio Balance Cleanser *if you dont want to invest in this just find a good PH balancing cleanser!*
- Elemis Cleansing Balm
- La Mer Micellar Water *you can use any brand of micellar water*
- Dr Dennis Gross Daily Peel *there’s 3 options, select the one that works for you!*
- Beauty Bio ZenBubble or The Quench or the Elemis Pro-Collagen lotion *you can use any light lotion that is oil free*




The only product I feel is a must from the list is the Dr Dennis Gross Peel Pads. These are targeted to get rid of acne of all forms and to get rid of discoloration and hyperpigmentation, plus fine lines and wrinkles. There’s been LOTS of clinical studies on this product and the before and after images provided on the official website is incredible too! When I started to use these on a daily; it's when I noticed the biggest and fasted results. Now that I fully have my Mask-acne or “Maskne” under control I’m now able to use these Dr Dennis Gross Daily Pads 3-4x a week just for a preventative measure.
All the other items I am using daily as a basic skincare routine and have been using for well over a year now. I also suggest lotions without oil if you’re suffering with acne. 


I hope this helps! If you’ve used Dr Dennis Gross skincare before what is your favorite product?

I’m also posting links to all the products mentioned if you would like to shop my routine! 

Shop The Post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...