Product Review: Charlotte’s Magic Night Cream


Details: The Charlotte’s Magic Night Cream is the mate to her daytime Magic Cream [You can view my review of the Charlotte’s Magic Cream here]. This nighttime elixir is to stop the aging process at night with firming and plumping with its time release retinol. It is sad Charlotte spent 5 years creating this product. For a drastic $145 for a 1.7oz (50ml); this is the luxury of Charlottes skincare.



My review: Like always, I’m 100% transparent and honest on these reviews. And as of right now this is on my worst list. I really (and I mean really) wanted to like this product but there was too many negatives for me to.
First the smell; it has like a honeysuckle scent which is nice until you get the undertones that to me smells terrible. I can’t even explain what the undertone is… chemical scent? Old lady perfume scent? Its just awful.
Second the texture; when it comes to lotions in a jar I assume you would be able to dip your finger and product comes up. But this stuff is like vaseline jelly. I have to scoop it with a small spoon cause its so jelly thick. 


Third the sticky feeling & extreme oil shine; this product once applied to the skin has a bit of a tacky feel which I cant stand. It sticks to my pillow and makes my sheets feel oily afterwards. And to top it off, your skin is super oily shiny. My husband laughed and took a picture to show how wet my face looked and it was embarrassing. NOW, if you have extremely dry skin and struggle with getting moisture: this product would work great! But if you have normal skin, oily skin, acne prone skin AVOID this. 

I plan to retry this skincare when I visit my family in NC early December. Maybe with the cold/dry air of NC it’ll be a useful product for me. 




Pros: If you have extremely dry skin, this will work. Nice Packaging.
Cons: Cost too much, undertone scent is off, tacky/sticky feeling is a turn off, and oily appearance on skin + product transfer to bedsheets.
My Rating: 1 Star. I’m honestly not a fan at all. But I know if someone struggles with dry skin especially in the winter time this would be like lotion gold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...