Packing Tips




Packing for a trip can be a struggle. I always seem to over pack the things I don’t need and unpack the items I needed more of. My challenge now is packing for Bryce and I + a baby who needs extra items like toys, a pack and play, and special items to help the her sleep. Here’s some tips on packing that I use on keeping weight of luggage low and enough space for souvenirs. 

1.Travel size it all!
I’m big on travel size items. These items you’ll use up during your trip so you can recycle them as you leave. Items I get in travel size is: shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, shower wash, facial wash/wipes, lotion, hair spray, sunscreen, baby care products. PS: You can always contact the Hotel/Resort to see what items they have for guests! Many carry complimentary high quality products for guest to use during their stay and have a shop within the resort with items you may have forgotten to bring!



2. Items you can buy at a drug store just wait till you get to the destination.
When it comes to Holly’s items I figure out what I could get at a Walgreens or CVS. Diapers, wipes, and formula. For Bryce and I, its the items we need more of or items we’re concerned will leak in our suitcases. EXTRA TIP: don't visit the Walgreens or CVS next door to the hotel. Most likely the prices will be high. Go to one in a more residential area to get the travel size items at an affordable price.

3. Pack clothing, shoes and jewelry that is versatile.
Bryce is HUGE on packing basics (most men are right?) And I’m learning that versatile items can be trendy (with accessories or small alterations). Pack items that you can make more than one look and stick to neutral colors cause those can layer and mix well with one another. Below is an example of a clothing piece with multiple uses: White V-neck tee can be dressed down, dressed up, and even worn as a cover up top at the pool. 



4. Try on your looks before packing.
This tip is good to see how the outfit fits, feels, etc. This can also help you see what pieces you can wear multiple times so you’re not over packing.

5. Check the weather channel to make sure the weather is going to be suitable for what you pack. And have a game plan on if you need to bring a simple layering jacket.

6. Keep shoes to a minimum.
I try to only pack 3 pairs in all. A good pair of walking shoes, a pair of dress shoes, and then a fun pair. If I have to pack a 4th it’s a super light weight (like a pair of sandals for the pool).

7. Scan Pinterest for some folding hacks on getting the most in your luggage. I always roll my clothes. This helps tops keep from wrinkles and takes less space!

8. If traveling on a plane weigh your stuff and see what items can be placed in a carry on bag. I always put extra things in my carry on or things that can’t get lost/damaged.

9. If traveling by car, use tote bags instead of big bulky suitcases. This will make the trip up to your hotel room easy too. I use my Lilly Pulitzer tote bags as a beach bag too.

10. Items I recommend packing extra of: underwear, (if you have a baby) baby outfits, socks, earring backs, extra pair of contacts/glasses, medicines, and tech chargers. These items are used a lot (plus no one wants to pay room service to wash socks!) OR items that if lost will be more costly to replace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...