[MAJOR EDIT] Why I'm going to Japan Instead of the UK


** SPOILER ALERT! This blog post was written BEFORE we decided on our quick trip to England for a very special and exciting wedding! So oops, I actually did visit the UK before Japan. I will have a blog post coming SOON with all the details on this exciting UK trip and why we felt it was the perfect time to go. ** 


One of the biggest questions I get asked when I talk about my next big international trip is “JAPAN? Why are you going there? I thought you wanted to go to the UK?” 


And there’s a few reasons as to why I opted for visiting Japan over the UK. OH - and if you weren’t aware, I’m planning a huge trip to Japan in March/April 2024 for Cherry Blossom Season! If you’re not following me on Youtube Channel or Instagram you definitely should click and follow NOW so you can see all the exciting posts I make on this incredible journey abroad!


Now to answer the questions as to why I’m going to Japan VS the other destination that is dear to my heart - it's simply because the time is right for one over the other. For Japan we need dedicated sitters and the time we carved out for the Cherry Blossom trip we will have that much needed help available. Also this trip to Japan will have the greatest time difference and therefore, the greatest amount of jetlag. We deep down know a UK trip IS in the future - but it's something that will only be a 5-6 hour difference in time VS 14 hours. 

Another thing to point out is the UK is a trip we would feel super comfortable taking Holly with us if needed. In Japan it'll be a big culture change and something we feel we should experience first without the pressure of a 5 year old (not to mention a 5 year old experiencing a 14 hour time difference!). We plan to take Holly to Japan because there's many theme parks we know she will love, but we personally feel we should visit there first to see if we'll be able to handle her well with the amount of differences (trains, food, language etc). I’ve heard amazing things about traveling to Japan and feel after our trip we will be planning a future Japan trip to bring Holly along as well. 


I know some of my friends and family will question about food - I'm not a big fish eater and I try to avoid fishy foods. Luckily, Japan is a VERY diverse place with everything from Italian restaurants, Mexican restaurants, American cuisine, and even fast food brands that are world wide - not to mention there convenient stores are top notch for food options! So no worries on if I’ll survive - there’s countless food options available and I do actually plan to try traditional Japanese dinners while abroad! And just like any other major country, they also have 'American' specialty stores that sell American brands. I'm very excited to see the differences in foods and try a few new things too. 


Another question thats going to pop up more and more especially after Bryce's trip to Japan in September - "if we're shopping for property". The best answer I could give today is - yes and no. We have considered it due to the prices of some of the countryside homes in Japan are SUPER affordable and we love the idea of having a spot for us to stay at in future trips. We also considered getting smaller style apartments near a major city that we can use as a possible rental. There's no laws against US residents buying property (as long as you pay your taxes) so we'll see! I think for people who follow my Instagram page and recently heard my interest in Japanese traditional property was concerned if we were planning to move - which I can't rule that out either. 


But circling back to the UK, we do plan to go there... In fact I'm currently in the early stages of planning that vacation itinerary out right now! I also plan to create a blog post on how I create my vacation itineraries and my personal tips for anyone who is wanting to plan a destination with a packed schedule! 


If you have any questions about my future trip to Japan please let me know on my blog post or over on my socials linked below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...