LifeStyle: How to get the wax out of used candle jars


For today I wanna crack into a helpful “LifeStyle” post. When I go shopping at some of my favorite boutiques I always end up getting adorable candles with the most beautiful jars and lids. But once the candle runs out what to do? I’ve got a helpful trick on how to get that extra wax and wick out without using a knife and scratching the jar (or throwing the jar away).
I love using the jars with lids to store travel size/sample beauty products, jewelry, and small trinkets. They also make great Christmas gifts too! (Imagine, a super cute jar with some Holiday candy and a gift card to Ulta <3)

Super Easy Steps:
Step One: use the candle till it can no longer burn.

Step Two: Boil water (enough to fill the entire jar) and pour into your candle jar (make sure to fill it to the top).

Completely used up candle. As you can see there is some wax left.
Once the water is boiled; pour into the jar to the top. Wait a few minutes then put the top on the candle.

Step Three: Let the water sit over night to loosen up the remaining wax and the wick base.

Water is filled to the top. You can already see wax loosening/melting from the bottom.
Once you let the water sit you’ll notice the wax makes a film on top. Just pop the film and remove the water. 

Step Four: Next day, pour the water out and remove the wick base (properly dispose the wick base), and clean the inside of the jar out with some dish soap.

Pouring out all the water. And I dispose the wick into the trash can.
Clean the jar out. If you need extra help getting the wick out of the jar (mine was glued to the bottom) use some Dawn! It works wonders.

Step Five: Dry the jar out with a dry cloth or paper towel. Vola! You now have a cleaned out candle jar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Sold My Car - Now What?!

Yes, you read the title correctly… I sold my Jeep Patriot. I loved that car so much and wow it was my first big purchase on my own. I drove ...